Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Great old journal entries

I found some old journal passages that are funny...

June 14, 2000 - 1:30 PM (This is a post about how I got a real bad reaction to a sunburn while on vacation with my buddy Johnny's family)

I am lying on the beach in Kitty Hawk right now. Steve, PJ, and Johnny are in the water with girls, but I am just lying on the beach with my shirt on. The reason I'm not in the water is because the first day we were here, none of us wore sunblock. Everyone got burned, but I got it the worst. On Tuesday, I got so itchy that I started freaking out. They took me to the emergency room at the Medical Center. I had been rubbing ice on myself to try to stop the itching at all. The gave me a prescription, and by taking that and Benadryl, I was okay for a while. But that night, we were eating at Jockey's Ribs and it happened again. I was flipping out and making a big scene, but I really couldn't help it. Eventually it calmed down though and I was okay. I really hope it doesn't happen again today. I wish I was swimming right now.

September 6, 2000 - 7:30 PM (A very inspiring/cheesy entry, and also a very bold claim at the end about how people don't usually have outlets for their feelings!)

Well, I'm still in class and yep, I'm still bored. We reordered another 1000 CDs this week. Its pretty cool that we've sold 1000 copies of our CD in about 7 months. This next back of 1000 CDs will be pure profit too, so I'm excited. We also have a lot of new shirts coming in, so we should be pretty much set. If some people come out to Roboto's on Saturday, I'll really feel good about how we're doing. the band is really what keeps my hopes up about everything. I can't imagine what I'd do if I wasn't in Punchline. I still truly believe that music is what I'm going to do with my life. I hope I'm not being unrealistic. I've been trying to write some new stuff lately, but for the most part coming up dry. I think I need something major to happen in my life to inspire me. I did write "Cold As You" a while back and I think its pretty good and people seem to like it, but since then I haven't brought a song to practice that caught on. Music is definitely what keeps me sane. Having an outlet for my feelings and writing makes me a very lucky guy...most people don't have that.


Funny stuff! I'll be posting more old journal entries from time to time if I feel like it.

No comments: