Sunday, November 9, 2008

Double Fisting

Last night I had the pleasure of playing the bass guitar at one of my favorite places to play the bass guitar...The Metro in Chicago. What a great club! I played electric bass super enthusiastically last night and I was pretty sure that people enjoyed it, although I wouldn't really know for sure because I seem to have developed a habit of always playing with my eyes closed now. I'm hoping that I can start to do more things with my eyes closed as well as I play bass with my eyes closed, like maybe cook spaghetti or drive a forklift. I think the ultimate thing to do with eyes closed would be change my contacts.

After the show, we hung out with some friends for a while at the place next door called "The Gingerman Tavern". Definitely a great name of a place to hang out with friends. I didn't have any cash on me, but luckily my good buddy Joel Hennig (who had flown up to the show all the way from Houston, Texas) bought me a Strongbow cider. At the very same time, my good buddy Kyle Lewis bought me a bottle of Lone Star beer, so it was instant double-fisting for me. I couldn't wait to finish one of them so that I would once have a free hand again so I could do cool things like texting and "flipping the bird". It took me at least half an hour to drink one of them, and I was very happy to finally finish the cider. Just as I was about to rejoice in the freeing of a hand, Joel Hennig surprised me with another cider, and it was right back to double-fisting. Joel Hennig is a great friend. I didn't get drunk at the Gingerman Tavern, but I did leave the place with a great stomachache!

I'm now riding in the van on my way to Lansing, Michigan. I'm pretty sure I've played in Lansing before, but I really can't remember anything about it. After the show, we will start our 6 hour trek home (which shouldn't be all that bad because the show is supposed to be over by 9). During our two days at home, I plan on watching crazy amounts of The Sopranos with Sarah. Her favorite character is Meadow. I hope for her sake that Meadow doesn't get whacked.

This youtube is incredible.


2 comments:

two milks media said...

Seriously, SarahCarson's favorite character is Meadow? I mean...I'd obviously DO Meadow but she is far from the best character.

amanda burkhead said...

great blog. especially since you mentioned kyle lewis. and now i'm really bummed i didn't see him there last night.