Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Confusing train analogies.

Cleveland is a great place to play music. It was a Monday night and it was a pretty laid back show, but I talked to some real sincere people who got me all psyched about what we do. I got some good pep talks yesterday. My band self-esteem is doing well and I am looking forward to the things that we'll be doing for the rest of the year. I went and had a big continental breakfast this morning, and then got a shower. While I was in the shower, I was thinking about train analogies. I was thinking to myself at first about whether the train ride was nearing the end, and it was almost my stop. Then I thought to myself that maybe the train ride is just beginning and I'm about to step onto it. Then I realized that neither of those things are the truth. The truth is, I've been walking beside the train for years. I don't have a ticket, but I have a destination, and I also have one of those sticks with a handkerchief tied to the end with a few of my things in it. One of the things in my stick/handkerchief is my laptop computer. As I'm walking along beside this train, I've met many other railroad-walkers. I've also slept in the woods a lot, and seen some pretty cool sights. One time I even saw a baby deer, but I never told anyone about it...until now. This analogy makes perfect sense to me. That being said, I think I'm about to step up to the ticket window and tell the guy selling tickets to give me a ticket to anywhere, and I'll see where it takes me. I might not have enough money for a ticket though, in which case, I'll just continue to walk beside the train. I think I'll get there eventually.

No comments: