Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 1 of Tour, obviously

Tonight was Day 1 of our tour with Between The Trees, Farewell, and Action Item. Our show was at the Soapbox in Wilmington, North Carolina, which is where they filmed a show that Nick really likes, Dawson's Creek. We walked down by the water and saw a very large ship. We anticipated meeting the other bands, and by the end of the night we probably left a very strange first impression. We all drank quite a few Pabst Blue Ribbons before we played, and we played what I would consider a GREAT set. I definitely took my shoes and socks off, and even played one song without a shirt (which is something I haven't done in the 12 year existence of our band). Belan had one too many and messed up quite a bit on guitar, but I forgive him. It really doesn't matter. Of course I dedicated the whole show to the greatest performer of all-tme (MJ). Overall, it was a great first show and I think we hit it off with all of the bands. I met a lot of cool dudes. One guy that I'm unsure of whether he likes me or not is Bingham, who was Between The Trees' merch guy/tour manager. I really wanted to be good friends with him, mainly because I've never known anyone named Bingham. I hope I can win him over, but I get the feeling that he's not the kind of guy who's into antics, and I am sometimes full of antics. We'll see I guess. We are staying at a hotel recommended by our good bud Jim Logrando. Its called the Carolinian, which is a great name for a hotel. I made sure that Steve and Jon drank plenty of water before bed. I'll be mad if they get sick. That's all for now, please enjoy this great picture of Belan and I.

3 comments:

llf said...

thank you. I quite enjoyed the picture of you and Belan. very much.

cheers...can't wait to see you in the mitten and/or ohio in a week!

Tim said...

That picture is quite...uh, interesting. Good to hear first day of tour was awesome; can you maybe consider a secret show in MA? C'mon, I've never seen you guys live...pleeease?

Elyse said...

Your picture makes me think of Mother Lover..."It would be my honor to be your new stepfather."