Sunday, September 27, 2009

Its Enough To Be On Your Way

We spent the day today in Dallas. First off, I was pretty happy that people in Dallas are pretty much oblivious to my fame. I didn't even have to wear any kind of disguise - I could just walk in public without a fake moustache and Oakleys without any sort of problem. At first I thought that maybe I just wasn't that famous in Dallas, but then later I realized that its just because the people of Dallas are so respectful of celebrities' personal space.

We played at around 2:30 PM at this sort of "festival" of bands at the club called "Live @ Mocah". Any club with an ampersand in its name is obviously cool with me. We obviously rocked extremely hard, despite the fact that I had to wear my glasses during our set for the second show in a row. I think they're a good luck charm though, because we once again played flawlessly.

My old buddy David Swann came to the show, and later hooked us up with some delicious food at the restaurant where he works - Dick's Last Resort. I couldn't resist the crabcakes, and I'm glad that I didn't resist them because they were delicious. People were throwing napkins all over the place, and I didn't know if that was allowed or not. Turns out that it was allowed. Our waiter was really awesome, and he said some really funny things like "kiss my black ass", "where you goin' whitey?", and other things that wouldn't be nearly as funny if I said them. It was a great dining experience, and I hope to someday do something really cool for David Swann to thank him.

I listened to the James Taylor song "Enough To Be On Your Way" about 10 times tonight. I heard it for the first time tonight, and I found it to be very mysterious sounding. I could not for the life of me figure out what the song was about, but I was definitely impressed to hear JT say the F word in it. I'd definitely be interested to hear peoples' takes on what this song means.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's about his brother's death in 1993 and the funeral. He changed the lyrics to be about a hippie girl, though.